Saturday, June 30, 2012

MAC Satin Lipstick in Rebel Review and Swatches




(0.10oz./2.8g - 14,50USD) Darker lipsticks can be tricky sometimes, they can make you look older especially if they have too much brown in it, or they can make you look too vampy. So you have to experience with different shades to find your perfect dark lips, and when I mean dark, I mean really dark. Every single dark lipstick that I've tried stains, that's something I hate and can not avoid.
When I was in the hunt for a dark lipstick I found Rebel and it's been an instant favorite since. The shade is very flattering for my complexion, it's a plum which has enough red in it to give a warmth to your face and plum and dark enough to make a statement.
As much as I love the shade of Rebel I hate that it dries out my lips and emphasizes the chapped skin on it. Also it's hard to get an even coverage, it looks patchy in certain areas.
Satin is a formula between amplified and matte. It's quite matte but not as matte as matte finishes and it's opaque but not as intensely opaque as amplified finishes. Unfortunately it's as drying as matte's.

No comments:

Post a Comment